Apply to get a job as an EMS Instructor for EMS University
We are always looking for talented instructors! If you are interested an EMS instructor job with EMS University, email us a copy of your resume, relevant certifications, and a statement of interest to email@example.com or you can meet us in live chat for details. You can call us at (800) 728-0209 if you have any questionsEMS University, LLC is Looking for EMTs and Paramedics, & RNs to teach CPR classes and help with our various EMS programs
CPR/EMS Instructor Job Description
The instructor’s job is to ensure that as many students successfully complete their course as is possible while at the same time strictly adhering to policy, guidelines and regulations. The instructor is an integral part of the EMS University, LLC team and responsible for ensuring student success.
Our company is looking for an individual to teach CPR, First Aid, and Bloodborne Pathogens classes to both groups and individuals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures efficiency and strict adherence to the daily schedule;
- Prepares and carries out lesson plans and other student activities;
- Teaches students using a variety of techniques including, but not limited to: didactic lecture, practical demonstration, monitoring of group activities as well as evaluation;
- Collects, reviews and assesses student work;
- Coordinates activities with other personnel to ensure student success;
- Finds, evaluates, and addresses deficiencies which may occur during class;
- Evaluates student performance during the course on a continual basis;
- Enters grades appropriately;
- Ensures accurate reporting;
- Ensures complete reporting;
- Takes attendance;
- Reports passing and failing grades;
- Ensures fair and honest reporting of student evaluations;
- Ensures proper compliance with state and national guidelines/regulations relating to examination procedures;
- Keeps information confidential as per guidelines.
- Attendance of regular and/or special instructor meetings;
- Attendance of regular and/or special instructor training;
- Other duties as assigned.
One of the following:
- Current State EMT Certification
- Current State Advanced EMT Certification
- Current State Paramedic Certification
- Registered Nurse
- Preferred Criterion (Not Required)
- EMS Instructional Strategies Course
- Bachelor’s Degree
- NREMT Certification
- Clear, legible handwriting;
- A thorough understanding of EMS training equipment.
One of the following:
- 3 Years of Experience as an EMT
- 3 Years of Experience as an Advanced EMT
- 3 Years of Experience as a Paramedic
- Instructional Experience is Preferred
- 3 Years of Experience as an RN